I was asked to make a statement regarding my opinion on R.I.C.E. (rest, ice, compression and elevation) versus the updated and more technical acronym, P.O.L.I.C.E. (protection, optimal loading, ice, compression, elevation). My opinion is that R.I.C.E is essentially a first aid tool for any of us to use during the initial period after an injury, […]
See what I had to say in this brief article about a simple exercise you can do to prevent falls. And if you don’t fall, you’re much less likely to break bones! http://bit.ly/1pEBLnW Visit www.anationinmotion.org to read inspiring patient stories, learn about bone and joint health, and enter your orthopaedic success stories.
I’m seeing the evolution of a R.E.S.P.E.C.T. series. Again, another mundane aspect of our daily life. The lowly intersection. We pass semi-consciously through many every day and we pass through them safely. After all, they were developed for our safety. But it doesn’t always work that way. Sadly, the dead remind us of how […]
I noticed today was National Umbrella Day. No offense to the celebrated umbrella. I mean it does serve an important function: less so now, in the day of the garage, the garage door opener and the covered parking garage. It was raining today. I didn’t get a drop on me, and I didn’t have an […]
Check out what I had to say about this important subject. We have very little control over whether or not we develop arthritis. About the only two things you can control are your weight and your activities. Remember the caveman! He walked and gathered stuff to eat. The closer your exercise program gets to that, […]
As any of you who have been following my blog know, I’m all about prevention and early recognition of overuse issues. Obviously if we prevent the problem, we might not have to suffer. If we catch it early, we might not have to suffer…much. And even though through suffering…we grow stronger, I think it doesn’t […]
Subscribe To My Blog
- Hip Bursitis I November 1, 2011
- Hip Bursitis III November 1, 2011
- SIT LIKE A MAN (S.L.A.M.) February 16, 2016
- Hip Bursitis II November 1, 2011
- CRAMPS July 24, 2016
- Don’t Work Through the Pain March 29, 2017
- Don’t Work Through the Pain – 1010 Park Place March 18, 2017
- Nana & Popop are Coming February 15, 2017
- Love the Batwings! October 20, 2016
- 1010 Park Place October 11, 2016
- Barbara: Jeni, Glad you're enjoying my blog! Please spread...
- Barbara: Kelly, As I said in my blog, I had this in my wris...
- Kelly: I have had it going on three years now in my right...
- Jeni: I would like to edit my comment. It hasn't been ...
- Jeni: Hi Dr. Barbara, I have hip flexor tendonitis/osis...