Fall precautions are dear to my heart because I see so many injuries due to falls. We need to stay off the ground. When we go to ground we often get hurt. You can read my blog on Fall Prevention to get some general ideas on ways to prevent falling down. http://drbarbarabergin.com/fall-prevention/ Suffice it to […]
It’s been a while since I’ve blogged. Sorry to those of you who have been waiting. So I’m jumping right back in with my RESPECT series. And just a reminder, the purpose of this series is to remind my followers and patients of the many destructive forces out there which can result in the slow […]
Check out what I had to say in this article. There are some good tips here. My blog is all about helping you to help yourself. Bottom line is, if you stay out of the doctor’s office and off the operating room table, you save! Surviving Your High-Deductible Health Plan
There is a lot of ongoing discussion regarding the future of the traditional doctor’s office visit and the relationship between doctors and patients in a world of growing need, fewer doctors and more technology. I was recently asked to comment on this subject by Software Advice (http://www.softwareadvice.com/medical/ ). I think you’ll find this compelling article interesting, […]
I was asked to make a statement regarding my opinion on R.I.C.E. (rest, ice, compression and elevation) versus the updated and more technical acronym, P.O.L.I.C.E. (protection, optimal loading, ice, compression, elevation). My opinion is that R.I.C.E is essentially a first aid tool for any of us to use during the initial period after an injury, […]
See what I had to say in this brief article about a simple exercise you can do to prevent falls. And if you don’t fall, you’re much less likely to break bones! http://bit.ly/1pEBLnW Visit www.anationinmotion.org to read inspiring patient stories, learn about bone and joint health, and enter your orthopaedic success stories.
- Hip Bursitis I November 1, 2011
- Hip Bursitis III November 1, 2011
- SIT LIKE A MAN (S.L.A.M.) February 16, 2016
- Hip Bursitis II November 1, 2011
- CRAMPS July 24, 2016
- How Fast Do Your Kid’s Feet Grow? July 10, 2017
- WHAT I DO BEFORE MY OWN SURGERY – New post on 1010ParkPlace June 28, 2017
- How to Get the Most Out of Your Visit with the Doctor June 22, 2017
- SUMMER SHOE DANGERS – New post on www.1010ParkPlace June 14, 2017
- Lighten Up Your Heavy Load! June 12, 2017
- Barbara: Your knees don't have to be below your hips when ...
- Tara: Thank you for this useful article! I am dealing wi...
- Barbara: A thicker pillow would be fine. Also try using a 3...
- Jane: I feel like I have tried everything for my hip bur...
- Barbara: I'm so glad you're getting some tips from my blo...