Many years ago a patient of mine recommended Buckys eye masks. They’re not just your average nighttime eye mask. They’re padded so they don’t put pressure on your eyelids like the flat ones do. And they have a little pouch in them so you can put a sachet of your favorite nighty night scent in […]
Why do we yawn? It’s not because we’re bored. How often do you yawn because you’re bored? We take in more oxygen when we yawn. Maybe we need more oxygen. I believe yawning was a signal we developed before we used language. It might have been a way to show our teeth before fighting. […]
I’m a doctor. I give shots. It doesn’t bother me to give shots…not one iota. But you know what? I am a freak when it comes to getting shots. Oh you might smugly say, “The doctor doesn’t like it when the shoe’s on the other foot.” But let me tell you, it doesn’t bother me […]
One of the most common complaints I hear from patients is that they experience pain in transitions; going from sitting to standing, standing to sitting, getting out of chairs, getting out of bed. Now let me say, I never hear that complaint from 20 year olds. I only hear it from those over forty. About […]
I often recall my old days in medical school anatomy class when my patients ask me why they begin falling apart sometime after forty. If you don’t have the stomach for graphic description, go read this great recipe for jalapeno cheesecake http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/surprise-happy-ending-cheesecake-recipe/index.html . But if you do then read on. I remember so clearly […]
So, why do we get this heel pain? With few exceptions, plantar fasciitis is a disease which affects women over 40. That’s why I said to start stretching your plantar fascia when you’re 35. Of course there are exceptions, but let’s add this common condition in a larger category; adult repetitive strain disorders. This […]
Subscribe To My Blog
- Hip Bursitis I November 1, 2011
- Hip Bursitis III November 1, 2011
- SIT LIKE A MAN (S.L.A.M.) February 16, 2016
- Hip Bursitis II November 1, 2011
- CRAMPS July 24, 2016
- Don’t Work Through the Pain March 29, 2017
- Don’t Work Through the Pain – 1010 Park Place March 18, 2017
- Nana & Popop are Coming February 15, 2017
- Love the Batwings! October 20, 2016
- 1010 Park Place October 11, 2016
- Barbara: Jeni, Glad you're enjoying my blog! Please spread...
- Barbara: Kelly, As I said in my blog, I had this in my wris...
- Kelly: I have had it going on three years now in my right...
- Jeni: I would like to edit my comment. It hasn't been ...
- Jeni: Hi Dr. Barbara, I have hip flexor tendonitis/osis...