It would generally go without saying, that we all should respect the knife, but really, a surprising number of people don’t. And they become…”patients.” People who carry knives regularly always seem to have some level of ease with regard to the movement of the knife, the safety mechanism and the way they close. Those of […]
Also known as first dorsal compartment tenosynovitis…but it’s a lot easier to remember the name of the French dude who first described this pesky little condition; Fritz de Quervain. De Quervain’s syndrome describes a condition in which two tendons on the thumb side of the wrist get damaged and inflamed. No one’s really sure exactly […]
As promised…tips on how to ease the load on your hands. Follow these recommendations and maybe I’ll be seeing less of you! 1) Invest in a nice electric can opener. It’s hard to open cans and once you get arthritis, it’s nearly impossible. So why not start using the electric can opener before […]
This is the first in a series of blogs about protecting various parts of our body. It’s all about prevention without sacrificing quality of life, in order to maintain quality of life…for a long time. Our hands are one of the most amazing arrangements of sinew and bone in the natural world…ever. They’re one […]
Subscribe To My Blog
- Hip Bursitis I November 1, 2011
- Hip Bursitis III November 1, 2011
- SIT LIKE A MAN (S.L.A.M.) February 16, 2016
- Hip Bursitis II November 1, 2011
- CRAMPS July 24, 2016
- Don’t Work Through the Pain March 29, 2017
- Don’t Work Through the Pain – 1010 Park Place March 18, 2017
- Nana & Popop are Coming February 15, 2017
- Love the Batwings! October 20, 2016
- 1010 Park Place October 11, 2016
- Barbara: Jeni, Glad you're enjoying my blog! Please spread...
- Barbara: Kelly, As I said in my blog, I had this in my wris...
- Kelly: I have had it going on three years now in my right...
- Jeni: I would like to edit my comment. It hasn't been ...
- Jeni: Hi Dr. Barbara, I have hip flexor tendonitis/osis...