RESPECT THE KEYBOARD If you type on any regular basis, you should drop your keyboard down below desk or table height. Today I saw two patients in my office who were using their laptop/keyboard on top of their desks or their tables at home. Seeing them and thinking through their symptoms reminded me of the fact […]
I’m sure I’m not going to get anywhere with this one. But look, I have to try. Purses are bad for your health. You never know which one of you is walking around with an upper quadrant liability such as cervical radiculopathy, myofascitis, bursitis, tennis elbow, deQuervain’s syndrome or the lowly carpal tunnel syndrome. But […]
It’s been a while since I’ve blogged. Sorry to those of you who have been waiting. So I’m jumping right back in with my RESPECT series. And just a reminder, the purpose of this series is to remind my followers and patients of the many destructive forces out there which can result in the slow […]
As any of you who have been following my blog know, I’m all about prevention and early recognition of overuse issues. Obviously if we prevent the problem, we might not have to suffer. If we catch it early, we might not have to suffer…much. And even though through suffering…we grow stronger, I think it doesn’t […]
When all else fails…go see your primary care doc or your local orthopod. You’ve tried resting your shoulder. You made sure you didn’t lose range of motion. You’ve changed things around in your refrigerator and stopped drying your hair. You gave your t-ball aged kids up for adoption, quit your job and dropped your […]
Going back to Shoulder Bursitis; Part 5, you can refresh your memory on how to modify some of those more activities you do every day, in order to protect your shoulder. Really, this is a basic tenet of treating the repetitive strain conditions from which we suffer as adults. (And don’t forget…the shoulder isn’t […]
Subscribe To My Blog
- Hip Bursitis I November 1, 2011
- Hip Bursitis III November 1, 2011
- SIT LIKE A MAN (S.L.A.M.) February 16, 2016
- Hip Bursitis II November 1, 2011
- CRAMPS July 24, 2016
- Don’t Work Through the Pain – 1010 Park Place March 18, 2017
- Nana & Popop are Coming February 15, 2017
- Love the Batwings! October 20, 2016
- 1010 Park Place October 11, 2016
- CRAMPS July 24, 2016
- Barbara: Sharon, I'm so glad my blog has helped you in som...
- Sharon: Thank you so much for the information about hip bu...
- Barbara: That's a great question. When I had that deQuerva...
- A Rao: Did you have it under general anesthesia or in per...
- Barbara: Nileema, This sensation of "heaviness" you descr...