As promised…tips on how to ease the load on your hands. Follow these recommendations and maybe I’ll be seeing less of you! 1) Invest in a nice electric can opener. It’s hard to open cans and once you get arthritis, it’s nearly impossible. So why not start using the electric can opener before […]
This is the first in a series of blogs about protecting various parts of our body. It’s all about prevention without sacrificing quality of life, in order to maintain quality of life…for a long time. Our hands are one of the most amazing arrangements of sinew and bone in the natural world…ever. They’re one […]
Many years ago a patient of mine recommended Buckys eye masks. They’re not just your average nighttime eye mask. They’re padded so they don’t put pressure on your eyelids like the flat ones do. And they have a little pouch in them so you can put a sachet of your favorite nighty night scent in […]
Why do we yawn? It’s not because we’re bored. How often do you yawn because you’re bored? We take in more oxygen when we yawn. Maybe we need more oxygen. I believe yawning was a signal we developed before we used language. It might have been a way to show our teeth before fighting. […]
I’m a doctor. I give shots. It doesn’t bother me to give shots…not one iota. But you know what? I am a freak when it comes to getting shots. Oh you might smugly say, “The doctor doesn’t like it when the shoe’s on the other foot.” But let me tell you, it doesn’t bother me […]
One of the most common complaints I hear from patients is that they experience pain in transitions; going from sitting to standing, standing to sitting, getting out of chairs, getting out of bed. Now let me say, I never hear that complaint from 20 year olds. I only hear it from those over forty. About […]
Subscribe To My Blog
- Hip Bursitis I November 1, 2011
- Hip Bursitis III November 1, 2011
- SIT LIKE A MAN (S.L.A.M.) February 16, 2016
- Hip Bursitis II November 1, 2011
- CRAMPS July 24, 2016
- Don’t Work Through the Pain – 1010 Park Place March 18, 2017
- Nana & Popop are Coming February 15, 2017
- Love the Batwings! October 20, 2016
- 1010 Park Place October 11, 2016
- CRAMPS July 24, 2016
- Barbara: Sharon, I'm so glad my blog has helped you in som...
- Sharon: Thank you so much for the information about hip bu...
- Barbara: That's a great question. When I had that deQuerva...
- A Rao: Did you have it under general anesthesia or in per...
- Barbara: Nileema, This sensation of "heaviness" you descr...