It’s about pillows, because pillows complete the sleeping environment and frankly you can’t have too many. We’re blessed to live in the times of Bed, Bath and Beyond and Linens and Things. Before that you could never go to one store and see all the different kinds of pillows, and have the ability to feel […]
Get creative in the bedroom… Invest in some feather pillows and a good mattress. There are a lot of ways pillows can make your life better, and it’s not just in the bedroom. But since that’s where we use them the most, let’s start there. But we won’t stop there. I like to look at […]
Also known as first dorsal compartment tenosynovitis…but it’s a lot easier to remember the name of the French dude who first described this pesky little condition; Fritz de Quervain. De Quervain’s syndrome describes a condition in which two tendons on the thumb side of the wrist get damaged and inflamed. No one’s really sure exactly […]
How do you know if you’re at risk for falling? Do a simple test; the Get-Up-And-Go test. Stand up from a seated position without using your hands. Take 3-4 steps forward, then turn around and return to your chair. Sit without using your hands. If you can’t do this; if you have to get yourself […]
Watch your step! Your response to this might be, “duh.” But I would then reply that I see a huge number of patients who simply trip on things; stuff lying around on the floor, curbs, parking lot barriers and speed bumps, uneven places on the sidewalk. Make […]
If you have rugs in your house, make sure they stay in place. You can get special tape to secure the corners. Make sure you have rubber mats under the rugs so they don’t slip. Train your pets! Pets cause about 87,000 falls a year which result in emergency room visits. So that number doesn’t […]
- Hip Bursitis I November 1, 2011
- Hip Bursitis III November 1, 2011
- SIT LIKE A MAN (S.L.A.M.) February 16, 2016
- Hip Bursitis II November 1, 2011
- CRAMPS July 24, 2016
- PRESCRIPTION NARCOTIC ADDICTION – New Post on 1010ParkPlace.com May 18, 2017
- FALL PREVENTION – New Post On 1010ParkPlace.com May 5, 2017
- Don’t Work Through the Pain March 29, 2017
- Don’t Work Through the Pain – 1010 Park Place March 18, 2017
- Nana & Popop are Coming February 15, 2017
- Barbara: There are folks like you who require very few pain...
- Kay Binger: Thank you !!!! Taking your advice !!...
- Judy miller: Some physicians prescribe too many pain pills. I h...
- Barbara: Yes, besides sleeping on your back or tummy, get a...
- Patricia Bell: How do you sleep with hip bursitis ... Any suggest...