Before I say anything about kids and pills, I have to preface it by saying that for adults and pills, whatever I say goes double. But first a few definitions. Ninety-five percent of the pills I prescribe fall into two categories; anti-inflammatories and pain relievers. Anti-inflammatories fall into two categories; steroids and non-steroidal anti-inflammatories (NSAIDs). […]
When possible try to get yourself into a less physical job description as you age. It’s rare to make it to retirement doing an extremely physical job like carpentry, welding and stocking shelves. Do you know people who do? Sure. But I know more who can’t. Have a plan. Start working toward that plan when […]
I completely understand why you want to keep doing the things that cause you pain and injury. But I’m still going to say “no” if I think it’s harmful to you. It’s not a law and you’re not going to get arrested. I’m not going to charge you more money and your insurance company is […]
I often refer to myself as Dr. No or the Doctor of No, because I find myself telling patients more of what they can’t do than what they can do. It doesn’t feel good to do it, and other than dictating charts and dealing with electronic medical records, it’s one of the most unrewarding things I have […]
Travelling can be a problem. I have found that some hotels, like Hampton Inns have four pillows; two are usually soft and two are more firm. That’s really nice. Otherwise I will actually take a couple of feather pillows with me. If you put them in a plastic garbage bag, hold the opening closed with […]
It’s about pillows, because pillows complete the sleeping environment and frankly you can’t have too many. We’re blessed to live in the times of Bed, Bath and Beyond and Linens and Things. Before that you could never go to one store and see all the different kinds of pillows, and have the ability to feel […]
- Hip Bursitis I November 1, 2011
- Hip Bursitis III November 1, 2011
- SIT LIKE A MAN (S.L.A.M.) February 16, 2016
- Hip Bursitis II November 1, 2011
- CRAMPS July 24, 2016
- How Fast Do Your Kid’s Feet Grow? July 10, 2017
- WHAT I DO BEFORE MY OWN SURGERY – New post on 1010ParkPlace June 28, 2017
- How to Get the Most Out of Your Visit with the Doctor June 22, 2017
- SUMMER SHOE DANGERS – New post on www.1010ParkPlace June 14, 2017
- Lighten Up Your Heavy Load! June 12, 2017
- Barbara: Your knees don't have to be below your hips when ...
- Tara: Thank you for this useful article! I am dealing wi...
- Barbara: A thicker pillow would be fine. Also try using a 3...
- Jane: I feel like I have tried everything for my hip bur...
- Barbara: I'm so glad you're getting some tips from my blo...