I started having patellar pain, along with crunching and grinding under my knee caps when I was in my early thirties. I was running stairs in between cases in the operating room because sometimes it took an hour for the next case to start. Having had the advantage of my training, I knew immediately what […]
Sometimes I will recommend that you temporarily wear a brace which helps align and support your knee cap. I may ask you to use this for a month or so while you start the exercises and activity modifications. Wear the brace during the day. Don’t wear it to bed. Keep the brace even after your […]
It’s hard to explain, but the position of your whole femur probably has something to do with the way your knee cap moves. So this exercise will strengthen the muscles which turn your hip outwards. They’re call the hip external rotators, and you should strengthen them almost every day too. This is a simple exercise. […]
Strengthening the Muscles Which Control Your Knee Cap I do want you to strengthen the muscle that helps control the movement of your knee cap. It’s a simple exercise: the straight leg raise (with a twist). I do it almost every day. This exercise strengthens the muscle which controls the position of your knee cap. […]
Okay, so you might be getting tired of me telling you to change the way you’re doing things, but I’m going to tell you to change the way you’re doing things that hurt you. If you come to see me for a cut on your finger, you’re not going to question me when I tell […]
I feel compelled to write about knee cap pain again. Many of you have already read my earlier blog on this subject; “Do Not Do Squats.” http://drbarbarabergin.com/do-not-do-squats/. Today I saw 6 women in my office with knee cap pain and crunching. All but one had been participating in […]
- Hip Bursitis I November 1, 2011
- Hip Bursitis III November 1, 2011
- SIT LIKE A MAN (S.L.A.M.) February 16, 2016
- Hip Bursitis II November 1, 2011
- CRAMPS July 24, 2016
- Boating Dangers August 3, 2017
- How Fast Do Your Kid’s Feet Grow? July 10, 2017
- WHAT I DO BEFORE MY OWN SURGERY – New post on 1010ParkPlace June 28, 2017
- How to Get the Most Out of Your Visit with the Doctor June 22, 2017
- SUMMER SHOE DANGERS – New post on www.1010ParkPlace June 14, 2017
- Barbara: Sorry you're struggling with this very common, an...
- Barbara: Jennine, Sounds like you have a complicated cycle ...
- Jennine: Wow found your site accidentally while looking to ...
- Alison: Hi, I've had hip bursitis since 2005 (31 yo), i h...
- Paul: Thanks so much, Dr. Bergin. Good advice....