RESPECT THE KEYBOARD If you type on any regular basis, you should drop your keyboard down below desk or table height. Today I saw two patients in my office who were using their laptop/keyboard on top of their desks or their tables at home. Seeing them and thinking through their symptoms reminded me of the fact […]
When all else fails…go see your primary care doc or your local orthopod. You’ve tried resting your shoulder. You made sure you didn’t lose range of motion. You’ve changed things around in your refrigerator and stopped drying your hair. You gave your t-ball aged kids up for adoption, quit your job and dropped your […]
Going back to Shoulder Bursitis; Part 5, you can refresh your memory on how to modify some of those more activities you do every day, in order to protect your shoulder. Really, this is a basic tenet of treating the repetitive strain conditions from which we suffer as adults. (And don’t forget…the shoulder isn’t […]
Prescribing rest almost always affects the quality of a patient’s life. The definition of quality of life for you is different than for me. It’s different for a child than for an adult and it’s different for a skilled athlete than for a weekend warrior. For me, right now, in order to be able to […]
Here are some examples of how you can modify those simple, everyday activities I mentioned in the last blog. Make these modifications to keep from hurting, and therefore damaging, your rotator cuff; 1) Lower the items you lift from higher to lower shelves. Use step stools to reach the things you can’t lower. Move things […]
The next step is to pay attention to the activities which cause your pain. The earlier you catch this, the more quickly you can get better if you just have bursitis or tendonitis. In general most rotator cuff tears are not going to get well. But I think if you deal with this […]
- Hip Bursitis I November 1, 2011
- Hip Bursitis III November 1, 2011
- SIT LIKE A MAN (S.L.A.M.) February 16, 2016
- Hip Bursitis II November 1, 2011
- CRAMPS July 24, 2016
- Boating Dangers August 3, 2017
- How Fast Do Your Kid’s Feet Grow? July 10, 2017
- WHAT I DO BEFORE MY OWN SURGERY – New post on 1010ParkPlace June 28, 2017
- How to Get the Most Out of Your Visit with the Doctor June 22, 2017
- SUMMER SHOE DANGERS – New post on www.1010ParkPlace June 14, 2017
- Barbara: Sorry you're struggling with this very common, an...
- Barbara: Jennine, Sounds like you have a complicated cycle ...
- Jennine: Wow found your site accidentally while looking to ...
- Alison: Hi, I've had hip bursitis since 2005 (31 yo), i h...
- Paul: Thanks so much, Dr. Bergin. Good advice....