That’s right! Our purses are way too big and heavy. They are causing pain and injuries! Check out my interview on Austin’s Fox 7 Good Day show with Ann Wyatt Little. http://www.fox7austin.com/good-day/258664575-story
RESPECT THE KEYBOARD If you type on any regular basis, you should drop your keyboard down below desk or table height. Today I saw two patients in my office who were using their laptop/keyboard on top of their desks or their tables at home. Seeing them and thinking through their symptoms reminded me of the fact […]
When all else fails…go see your primary care doc or your local orthopod. You’ve tried resting your shoulder. You made sure you didn’t lose range of motion. You’ve changed things around in your refrigerator and stopped drying your hair. You gave your t-ball aged kids up for adoption, quit your job and dropped your […]
Going back to Shoulder Bursitis; Part 5, you can refresh your memory on how to modify some of those more activities you do every day, in order to protect your shoulder. Really, this is a basic tenet of treating the repetitive strain conditions from which we suffer as adults. (And don’t forget…the shoulder isn’t […]
Prescribing rest almost always affects the quality of a patient’s life. The definition of quality of life for you is different than for me. It’s different for a child than for an adult and it’s different for a skilled athlete than for a weekend warrior. For me, right now, in order to be able to […]
Here are some examples of how you can modify those simple, everyday activities I mentioned in the last blog. Make these modifications to keep from hurting, and therefore damaging, your rotator cuff; 1) Lower the items you lift from higher to lower shelves. Use step stools to reach the things you can’t lower. Move things […]
- Hip Bursitis I November 1, 2011
- Hip Bursitis III November 1, 2011
- SIT LIKE A MAN (S.L.A.M.) February 16, 2016
- Hip Bursitis II November 1, 2011
- CRAMPS July 24, 2016
- How to Get the Most Out of Your Visit with the Doctor June 22, 2017
- SUMMER SHOE DANGERS – New post on www.1010ParkPlace June 14, 2017
- Lighten Up Your Heavy Load! June 12, 2017
- PRESCRIPTION NARCOTIC ADDICTION – New Post on 1010ParkPlace.com May 18, 2017
- FALL PREVENTION – New Post On 1010ParkPlace.com May 5, 2017
- Barbara: Thank you for checking out my blog. I know I have ...
- orthopedic surgeon: Really amazing information for orthopedic surgery....
- Barbara: In general, it's commonly felt by most profession...
- Jana: Dr Bergin, as an older woman now suffering from TF...
- Barbara: Betsy, Sorry you're having so much pain. It look...