It would generally go without saying, that we all should respect the knife, but really, a surprising number of people don’t. And they become…”patients.” People who carry knives regularly always seem to have some level of ease with regard to the movement of the knife, the safety mechanism and the way they close. Those of […]
I often recall my old days in medical school anatomy class when my patients ...
I’m going to go ahead and post this blog. It’s going to make a ...
In my opinion you’ve got to consider your body from a different perspective than you ...
See what I had to say in this article from Becker’s Spine Review.
Last week I saw two pinky toe fractures (attached to patients of course). I estimate that I see at least one broken or dislocated pinky toe a month, sometimes more. If I multiply that by 12, and then again by the 34 years I’ve been practicing, that’s over 400 pinky toe injuries. Then keep doing more […]
Fall precautions are dear to my heart because I see so many injuries due to falls. We need to stay off the ground. When we go to ground we often get hurt. You can read my blog on Fall Prevention to get some general ideas on ways to prevent falling down. http://drbarbarabergin.com/fall-prevention/ Suffice it to […]
This is a danger zone, kind of like the sidelines at an NFL football game. You have to keep your eyes open at all times. You have to position yourself so as not to get injured. As in a football game, most of the sideline spectators don’t get hurt. But every game will take its […]
I’m sure I’m not going to get anywhere with this one. But look, I have to try. Purses are bad for your health. You never know which one of you is walking around with an upper quadrant liability such as cervical radiculopathy, myofascitis, bursitis, tennis elbow, deQuervain’s syndrome or the lowly carpal tunnel syndrome. But […]
Subscribe To My Blog
- Hip Bursitis I November 1, 2011
- Hip Bursitis III November 1, 2011
- Hip Bursitis II November 1, 2011
- Do Not Do Squats! November 1, 2011
- RESPECT THE BRA May 17, 2015
- RESPECT THE KNIFE November 25, 2015
- Obesity and the Orthopedic Community September 28, 2015
- RESPECT YOUR PINKY TOE August 9, 2015
- RESPECT THE GROCERY STORE FLOOR July 12, 2015
- RESPECT THE LUGGAGE CAROUSEL June 13, 2015
- Barbara: Kiana, Fibromyalgia introduces a whole 'nother le...
- Barbara: S., I don't know where you live, but since I'm h...
- Barbara: But go ahead and start Sitting Like A Man now! It ...
- Allison: Omg, Barbara, this is exactly what I have. And the...
- S: Hi Dr. Barbara, thanks again for your comments. I...