See what I had to say in this brief article about a simple exercise you can do to prevent falls. And if you don’t fall, you’re much less likely to break bones! http://bit.ly/1pEBLnW Visit www.anationinmotion.org to read inspiring patient stories, learn about bone and joint health, and enter your orthopaedic success stories.
I often recall my old days in medical school anatomy class when my patients ...
I’m going to go ahead and post this blog. It’s going to make a ...
In my opinion you’ve got to consider your body from a different perspective than you ...
I’m seeing the evolution of a R.E.S.P.E.C.T. series. Again, another mundane aspect of our daily life. The lowly intersection. We pass semi-consciously through many every day and we pass through them safely. After all, they were developed for our safety. But it doesn’t always work that way. Sadly, the dead remind us of how […]
I noticed today was National Umbrella Day. No offense to the celebrated umbrella. I mean it does serve an important function: less so now, in the day of the garage, the garage door opener and the covered parking garage. It was raining today. I didn’t get a drop on me, and I didn’t have an […]
Check out what I had to say about this important subject. We have very little control over whether or not we develop arthritis. About the only two things you can control are your weight and your activities. Remember the caveman! He walked and gathered stuff to eat. The closer your exercise program gets to that, […]
As any of you who have been following my blog know, I’m all about prevention and early recognition of overuse issues. Obviously if we prevent the problem, we might not have to suffer. If we catch it early, we might not have to suffer…much. And even though through suffering…we grow stronger, I think it doesn’t […]
When I see patients who are victims of accidents, I often find myself thinking about how I might have avoided that accident. So I have slip-proof tiles in my shower. I watch where I’m going. I don’t run around my house in stocking feet. I don’t drink and drive. There are just a lot of […]
Subscribe To My Blog
- Hip Bursitis I November 1, 2011
- Hip Bursitis III November 1, 2011
- Do Not Do Squats! November 1, 2011
- Hip Bursitis II November 1, 2011
- Dr. NO…part 1 November 6, 2012
- Prevent Falls March 3, 2014
- Respect the Intersection February 17, 2014
- Respect the Stairs February 10, 2014
- Prevent Arthritis October 12, 2013
- The Things You Carry September 27, 2013
- Barbara: Dave, Thanks for your insight into "accidents." ...
- Dave: As a career firefigther / emt working alternating ...
- Dave: Lots of good information. The saying: 'Motion is...
- rebekah: Saw you today for shoulder pain. Thanks for writin...
- Alison: I totally agree! This is the best insight into hip...