I think last month was Distracted Driving Awareness Month, better known as Texting and Driving Awareness Month. I submitted a blog entry to the Digital Parenting and Safety Blog regarding this issue, so I’m putting a link to it on my blog because I think it’s important. Texting and driving might statistically be getting just about as deadly as [...]
I often recall my old days in medical school anatomy class when my patients ...
I’m going to go ahead and post this blog. It’s going to make a ...
In my opinion you’ve got to consider your body from a different perspective than you ...
So back to kids. If they see you taking pills for pain, they might grow up thinking pills are the solution to pain. If you offer them a pill every time they have a boo boo, they might grow up thinking pills are the solution to boo boos. And eventually they will be exposed to [...]
And now we can have a conversation about keeping kids away from drugs, both legal and illegal. Because I think that one of the factors which might eventually lead a child to consider taking street drugs is simply a comfort with taking drugs. Of course it’s not the only thing, but it might be a [...]
Before I say anything about kids and pills, I have to preface it by saying that for adults and pills, whatever I say goes double. But first a few definitions. Ninety-five percent of the pills I prescribe fall into two categories; anti-inflammatories and pain relievers. Anti-inflammatories fall into two categories; steroids and non-steroidal anti-inflammatories (NSAIDs). [...]
When possible try to get yourself into a less physical job description as you age. It’s rare to make it to retirement doing an extremely physical job like carpentry, welding and stocking shelves. Do you know people who do? Sure. But I know more who can’t. Have a plan. Start working toward that plan when [...]
I completely understand why you want to keep doing the things that cause you pain and injury. But I’m still going to say “no” if I think it’s harmful to you. It’s not a law and you’re not going to get arrested. I’m not going to charge you more money and your insurance company is [...]
Sign up for Dr Bergin's Newsletter
- Do Not Do Squats! November 1, 2011
- Hip Bursitis I November 1, 2011
- Be Kind to Your…Hands November 1, 2011
- Hip Bursitis II November 1, 2011
- Tennis Elbow; Part 4 February 8, 2012
- Texting and Driving May 1, 2013
- Kids and Pills; Part 3 December 16, 2012
- Kids and Pills; Part 2 December 12, 2012
- Kids and Pills; Part 1 December 2, 2012
- Dr. NO…part 3 November 11, 2012
- Barbara: Sure. Cortisone injections can relieve the pain an...
- Tarri: I started having the pain on the outside of my hip...
- Debra Morgan: Thanks for the speedy reply, and encouragement! If...
- Barbara: It sounds like you're doing all the right things....
- Debra Morgan: Dr. Bergin -- what is the recovery process after s...